Meaglow has developed a number of solutions to economically convert thermal ALD systems to plasma assisted ALD.
(Go to here for plasma source brochures)
Like all Meaglow’s hollow cathode designs, you can expect reduced oxygen contamination for nitride films with these plasma sources (see our company white paper). But also these other features:
We have now successfully converted several commonly used 4″ and 8″ thermal ALD systems to plasma assisted operation. In fact OkyayEnerji offers our plasma source as an option for their systems.
- 300 or 600 Watt RF or DC operation.
- 316 Stainless steel cathode construction (other materials on request) with no water cooling required for the 300 watt source.
- Integral sample introduction port (optional) with ellipsometer ports (optional).
- Wide range of gas usage.
- Low oxygen contamination (no dielectric windows).
- Low cost.
- High electron density – similar to or greater than inductively coupled sources.
- Wide range of operating pressures (eg. from 50 mTorr to >10 Torr).
- Low plasma damage.
Customised solutions available. See the downloadable equipment brochure here for more detail.
Contact us at email@example.com to inquire about pricing and to address your individual requirements.
Conversions of existing systems is also possible, and we provide some white papers for the more common conversions that we have performed. See the link here.