Our UHV Series hollow cathode plasma sources come in a variety of sizes. These sources are most commonly used in systems where background oxygen may be a problem, eg. for high purity nitride films grown by ALD and PECVD. The main vacuum connections are metal sealed conflats.
(Go to here for plasma source brochures)
Like all Meaglow’s hollow cathode designs, you can expect reduced oxygen contamination for nitride films with the UHV Series (see our company white paper). But also these other features:
For the UHV series, 3 and 3/8” and 4 and 5/8” conflat vacuum flanges are most common, but other sizes are made on request. These Hollow Cathode plasma sources are often used for ALD equipment conversions, but also for homemade ALD systems.
- 300 or 600 Watt RF or DC operation.
- 316 Stainless steel cathode construction (other materials on request) water cooled.
- Wide range of gas usage.
- Low oxygen contamination (no dielectric windows).
- Low cost.
- High electron density – similar to inductively coupled sources.
- Wide range of operating pressures (eg. from 100 mTorr to >10 Torr).
- Low plasma damage.
Customised solutions available. See the downloadable equipment brochure here for more detail.
Contact us at email@example.com to inquire about pricing and to address your individual requirements.
Conversions of existing systems is also possible, and we provide some white papers for the more common conversions that we have performed. See the link here.